It is the mission of Our World Neighborhood Charter School to educate our students to become independent thinkers and lifelong learners.
The founders and Board of Trustees have set these goals for the school:
- Rigorous academic curriculum
- Spanish beginning in Kindergarten
- Integrated study of world culture
- Integrated study of history of ideas
- Arts & music integrated in curriculum
- Individualized learning plans
- Computers in all classrooms
OWN Charter School is located in the most ethnically diverse neighborhood in the United States. We celebrate this by integrating the cultural richness of our community with the lessons of the classroom and the governance of the school. All members of the OWN community --- students, teachers, and administration --- are expected to reflect on the nature and quality of their work and interactions, and to strive to reach their full potential as learners and as citizens.
Grades K-8 | 698 Students | 70 Staff | Chartered: Fall 2002
Student Body Profile
Teacher/Student Ratio: 1:19
African American: 17%
Free/Reduced Lunch: 71%
Special Education: 7%