How to Apply
- Apply online: 2019-20 Application
- Or visit the NYC Charter Center to access the Common Application
- DEADLINE: Online Applications are open until 12:00 midnight on Monday, April 1, 2019
- A separate application must be submitted for each child applying
- Attend an Admissions Open House
- All interested families are encouraged to attend an Open House event. Attendance is not mandatory and will not affect chances for enrollment
- Lottery results will be announced at the lottery on April 11, 2019
- Acceptance letters will be e-mailed by April 15, 2019
- Waiting List letters will be mailed by May 3, 2019
Acceptance & Enrollment
Students who are protected under the McKinney-Vento Act are entitled to immediate enrollment in school even if they don't have the documents normally needed, such as proof of residency, school records, immunization records, or birth certificate. Students who are protected under the McKinney-Vento Act may also be entitled to free transportation and other services.
Parents/Guardians who accept an offer of admission for their child must return an enrollment package no later than 4 PM on the specified due date. If OWNCS does not receive a fully completed enrollment package, the offer of admission will be forfeited and passed to a child on the waiting list.
- Copy of child’s official proof of age
- Copy of proof of address
- Lease agreement, Deed, or Mortgage Statement for the residence
- NYC Housing Rent Receipt (dated within the last 60 days)
- Cable/Satellite Bill (dated within the last 60 days)
- Electric Bill/Con Edison (dated within the last 60 days)
- Water Bill (dated within the last 90 days)
If the parent/legal guardian does not have a bill in his/her name, a notarized letter must be submitted stating that the parent/legal guardian and applicant live at the address stated on one proof of address listed above. Only applications with notarized letters will be accepted.
Example: If a guardian and child reside at the grandparents’ home, then the grandparents must submit a notarized letter stating that the guardian and child live with them. In addition to the letter, one proof of address (listed above) must be submitted with the application.
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that OWN receives a fully completed enrollment package by the due date.
Once the lottery is completed and all available seats have been filled, a waiting list is generated and kept on file for that school year. If a seat becomes available, OWNCS will accept students from the waiting list. The Admissions Office will contact families of applicants accepted from the waiting list.